This one actually seemed good. I want to tag people in it but i’m going to have to wait until it gets imported from xanga since i’m posting it there first.
(from Heather Smith)
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I “somewhat visited” a rave. It was a revealing, if not somewhat frightening, experience.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I’m not one for making actual resolutions. I prefer to just DO things. I have some things in mind for next year, but no “actual” resolutions are gonna be made (most likely).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Mr. Kelly doesn’t count…
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I still havent been outside the US. how lammme. <- same, though I’m not sure it’s -that- lame
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in most of 2008?
I want to have my old happiness back. Not that I don’t have happiness anymore, but I want the old happiness back.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing I Wanna Be The Guy on medium difficulty.
Finishing my Super Metroid “Reverse Boss Order” Run.
Getting XS ranks on all missions in Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2
Writing around 50 Christmas letters
9. What was your biggest failure?
Winter Break. It hasn’t been all my fault, but god damn, it’s been terrible.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not anything serious. I think I may have broken the streak of getting sick every winter break…though hopefully I’m not jinxing myself by saying that.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Cinnamoroll plushie!~<3. My custom arcade stick as well, but I don’t have that yet (it’s being finished). Beatmania controller as well. DS homebrew was also really great.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
no one that I can remember. Honestly. =|
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
my mother. My friends. The world -_-.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Sanrio!!!! and college textbooks and tuition and whatnot.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Nothing! I never get THAT excited.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
The opening to Kanon 2006:
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
hands down. Though I guess last year I probably wasn’t feeling -that- great either. I definitely don’t remember feeling this BAD though.
ii. richer or poorer?
richer, I got my first real income from my summer job yay. And then spent it all…xD
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Writing in my diary. Playing Starcraft. Calling friends. Organizing things and cleaning things up and getting things done.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being frustrated with EE122A. Being unhappy in general.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I didn’t do anything.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No…I thought I might, but I didn’t. If anything I’ve fallen out of love. Maybe that has something to do with being less happy, but I doubt it.
22. How many one-night stands?
ur kidding right?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. If anything I’ve “unhated” one person who I got into trouble with at about this time last year. Which, is a good thing.
25. What was the best book you read?
I finished the Animorphs series, starting by rereading all the way from the beginning, and went all the way to the end. I didn’t reread the other books (Visser, Hork-Bajir chronicles), but I’ve read them all before anyways.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and got?
Lots of Sanrio stuff~!
I wanted picture frames and got a -digital- picture frame which is really spiffy.
Hercules DJ Control MP3
28. What did you want and not get?
My custom arcade stick is still coming.
I hardly got to see anyone over winter break.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Like, REAL films? bah.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 19.
I remember being sick, and that’s why instead of throwing me in the shower the people in my dorm filled my room with balloons. It was really really sweet and it made me really happy. The balloons stunk after a day or so though, it smelled awful! Me and my family and my brother’s girlfriend went to Chili’s for a bday dinner. My mom brought 2 cakes, which was total overkill of course. The candles melted into puddles of wax (literally), and as usual, that was the highlight of the entire dinner.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not taking EE122A. Being with friends. Being able to do ANYTHING with friends.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Same as always, though a little less on the layering this year I think.
I wear black or khaki-colored khakis 80% of the time and the other 10% is either windbreaker/waterproof pants, PJs, or my taiji outfit.
On top it’s always turtle neck and then T-shirt and then sweater. Standard, standard. I like wearing my chococat scarf too~<3
Like last year, I wore my blue fluffy bathrobe a lot around the dorm.
33. What kept you sane?
Nothing kept me sane.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
People rallying for the election.
36. Who did you miss?
Stephanie Chieng, Parisha Shah, Kristina Finnegan, Joy Su, Theresa Tran, Jessica Lai, Elizabeth Park, Carolyn Schneider, Kathleen Colby, Fiona Kim, Joanna Yan, Chelskey Ainscow, Alexa Kiene, Liz Sautter, … the list goes on. I miss everybody who’s tagged here.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Joy! and Emily and Hannah~ and Bonnie but I already knew her before…
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
-Don’t ever do anything because you “should” or because someone else tells you to.
-(……..was going to write something else I learned but I don’t want to)
-All you need are lings.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
“Its coming on christmas
Theyre cutting down trees
Theyre putting up reindeer
And singing songs of joy and peace
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on”
–Sixpence None the Richer, “River”, from The Dawn of Grace